Popular hair care brand releases new video in its “I Am Super Natural” campaign, ode to natural hair
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Feb. 6, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Leading hair care brand Creme of Nature joins Americans across the country celebrating the accomplishments of Black people in beauty and the arts, sciences, business, law, technology, medicine, sports and beyond. In recognition of Black History Month and as an extension of the brand’s “I Am Super Natural” campaign, Creme of Nature is releasing a new video paying homage to natural hair.
“This video is the epitome of what our ‘I Am Super Natural’ campaign is about – reflecting how we see ourselves both in the mirror and in society: bold, powerful, brilliant, phenomenal, vibrant and colorful,” said Teneya Gholston, Creme of Nature’s Director of Marketing. “We are about educating and empowering women across the country to embrace their bold and authentic selves.”
The video features a powerful spoken word piece performed by Teeanna Munro, a high school teacher and poet from Canada. Munro reminds us in her poetry that just a generation ago, wearing natural hair was deemed “unprofessional” and “unseemly” in the workplace. “No place for that bib-i-ti-bop bounce/that’s got that base/takes up space and demands to be seen/in it’s very being,” Munro says, as we see images of women across generations who, today, have turned their natural hair into their life’s work:
- Blogger Dayna Bolden is a wife and mother who turned her passion for fashion and beauty into a thriving business as a social media influencer and business consultant.
- Mildred Bean is a beauty and fashion influencer that is showing women that age is nothing but a number when it comes to healthy natural hair.
“See I’m a high school teacher/So I let my babies know that/The way our roots refuse to obey the supposed laws of gravity/Is a distinct feature to who we naturally are/It’s written in the curly strands of our DNA/Never meant to blend in/We are people of unconformity, creativity,” she delivers, as we see displays of that creativity in different forms of art:
- Brittany Fox is a fast-rising DJ in the Atlanta area whose signature natural hairstyles with bright colors and rich fullness help her to standout even more in the DJ booth.
- Ingrid Silva is a Ballet Dancer from Dance Theatre of Harlem. She started out dancing in a program based in a dozen of Rio’s favelas that provides classical ballet training to kids and teens who could otherwise not afford dance classes.
- Murjoni Merriweather is a young standout sculptor attending arts school who has a passion for African Art. In the video, we see various angles of Merriweather creating a custom natural hair sculpture.
Creme of Nature recently launched three new products to ensure that every Super Natural woman has everything she needs to keep her kinks, coils, and curls looking great and healthy: Creme of Nature with Argan Oil from Morocco Maximum-Hold Styling Snot Gel, Creme of Nature with Argan Oil from Morocco Apple Cider Vinegar Clarifying Rinse and Creme of Nature with Argan Oil from Morocco Moisture & Shine Curl Activator Creme.
During this month of February, Creme of Nature is engaging and educating women during different events, giveaways, television spots, new product launches and more to celebrate the Super Natural woman. Creme of Nature is also building a community of Super Natural women on social media. With the hashtag #IAmSuperNatural, women can find hair inspiration and support from other Super Natural women. No matter your hair type or your favorite hair style, Creme of Nature has everything a Super Natural woman needs to slay her hair.
For more than four decades, Creme of Nature has created a plethora of remarkable hair products to help women achieve their best hair. Creme of Nature is the first multicultural brand to offer hair care and styling products with Argan Oil with its Creme of Nature with Argan Oil from Morocco product line of more than 25 hair care and styling units that provide intense conditioning and nourishment. Creme of Nature has the best hair care products for great style and healthy hair.
We invite you to join the Creme of Nature family. For more information about Creme of Nature, please visit cremeofnature.com, or follow us on Instagram (@cremeofnature), Facebook (facebook.com/cremeofnature), YouTube (youtube.com/user/CremeNatureOfficial), Snapchat (cremeofnature) and Twitter(@cremeofnature). For more information about the Super Natural campaign, please visit www.cremeofnature.com.