Summer weather can be absolutely beautiful. While the warmer temperatures are great for summer fun, heat can have a detrimental effect on the hair.
Here are some tips you can share with your customers about the importance of protecting their hair during the hot summer months:
- Use a moisturizing shampoo and leave-in conditioner.
- Drink lots of water throughout the day to prevent hair from becoming very brittle.
- Use a deep conditioning mask on your hair.
- Keep blow drying and additional heat sources out of your hair.
- Use a quality hairbrush when detangling the hair.
- Sleep in a satin bonnet to protect the hair while sleeping.
The following products are great for heat protection:
- Aveeno’s Apple Cider Vinegar Sulfate-Free Shampoo- Oat is the major ingredient in this shampoo that is infused with apple cider vinegar to nourish hair strands from the root to the tip. It clarifies the scalp and adds high shine and volume to dull lifeless hair.
- The Tangle Teezer Brush- This is the ultimate hairbrush for detangling and removing the knots in wet hair. It features 325 patented two-tier teeth technology with an easy grip handle.
- Shea Moisture’s Hydrate & Repair Moisture Shampoo for Damaged Hair- Restore and repair coarse hair by using this shampoo that contains Manuka Honey, Mafura Oil, and Yogurt Extract. It leaves the hair softer and more resilient.
- Design Essential’s Moisturizing and Detangling Sulfate-Free Shampoo- Specifically formulated to increase the strength of weak brittle hair and promotes softness and manageability. The sulfate-free formula contains no mineral oils and promotes healthy hair growth.
- Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioning Mask- A deep conditioning mask that strengthens the hair to prevent thinning and shedding. The gourmet treatment is infused with a blend of pure blue green algae, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Design Essentials Kukai & Coconut Hydrating Leave-In Conditioner-Infused with Kukai & Coconut, this product provides intense hydration and leaves the hair silky smooth. The ingredients work together to transform the hair into a natural shine.
- Shea Moisture’s Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Leave-In Conditioner- This reparative conditioner detangles kinky hair and controls frizz. It forms a protective layer on each hair follicle and moisturizes the hair.