man·scap·ing | noun: A term used to define male grooming of hair on the body or below the belt. A male can use either an electric razor or a regular razor. (Urban Dictionary)
et·i·quette | noun: The conduct or procedure required by good breeding or prescribed by authority to be observed in social or official life. (Merriam-Webster)
The following areas of the body are now in play for men and it is your job to help your customers find the best product and tools to properly “manscape” from head to toe.
- Ears and Nose: At a certain age, ear and nose hairs can grow out of control and it is proper etiquette to either purchase an ear and nose trimmer or have a barber address the mess.
- Brows: Consider trimming for length, brush your eyebrows upwards, and snip all excess length above the arch. Do not arch your brows! Trim them neatly or use clippers with a 0” or 1” guard.
- Arms and Legs: All you need is a good trim for excessively long hair. Please do not shave your arms and legs not unless you are a body builder in competition.
- Armpits: Pit hair creeping under your tee is a not a good look. A good mow down with a pair of clippers will keep this area in check.
- Chest: Simply keep this area trimmed down. Some women find chest hair sexy and even a turn on. If your hair is looking like taco meat, PLEASE cut it off.
- Back: If you have hair on your back, trim if you can reach!
- Undercarriage: This area needs attention with little maintenance. Trim them but do not go overboard or you will revert to your adolescence days.
- Buttocks: Good luck!
- Toes: You never really notice until the flip flops come out. Toes can be shaved on the knuckle in the shower of trimmed down with shears.