A new indulgent body range from Palmer’s®
16th century Portuguese and Spanish authors described the face-like appearance of the coconut shell with the word of their native language coco meaning “grinning face”. Hundreds of years later, the coconut is still putting smiles on faces. One of the most transcendently loved fragrances, flavors and ingredients, coconut is now more popular than ever. But beyond the crowd-pleasing aroma and taste of this magnificent tree nut, the high-protein coconut oil extracted from the raw coconut meat or “copra,” is nature’s super ingredient for decadent moisture and naturally hydrated skin. This key ingredient has long played a star role in Palmer’s® Coconut Oil Formula® hair products, and now Palmer’s has harnessed the power of this workhorse beauty oil for a new body care range. Four luxuriously skin-pampering products that not only intoxicate the senses, but also drench skin in rich moisture for an instant hydration boost and a radiant, healthy glow.
Coconut Oil is loaded with naturally occurring proteins, vitamin E, antioxidants and fatty acids such as Lauric Acid, Caprylic Acid, and Capric Acid. This high concentration of medium chain fatty acids creates a breathable, protective barrier that helps lock in long-lasting moisture and prevent skin dehydration. This makes coconut oil an exceptional skin and hair emollient. Lauric Acid, the most prevalent of the fatty acids in coconut oil is valuable for its anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties. The natural vitamin E and antioxidants in coconut oil combat the effects of aging by preventing free radical damage.
Palmer’s raw coconut oil is sustainably and ethically sourced in regional countries of South East Asia. All of the products in the range provide 24-hour moisture and are free of Sulfates, Mineral Oil, Phthalates, Parabens, Gluten and Dyes.
Along with Coconut Oil, all of the products in the range contain skin-healthy extracts like Sweet Almond Oil and Tahitian Monoï Oil. An ancient Polynesian beauty secret, Monoï oil has been used for centuries in cosmetics, religious practices and to heal skin ailments such as insect bites and burns. With the name literally meaning “scented oil,” Tahitian Monoï is produced through a process of infusing unrefined coconut oil with the naturally perfumed, star-shaped petals of the native Tiaré flower (Gardenia Tahitensis). The flowers are picked when they are still unopened and soaked in the coconut oil through a process known as “enfleurage” for a minimum of 15 days. Tahitian Monoï is rich in emollients and is a superior skin-soothing ingredient that helps rehydrate skin.
Palmer’s Coconut Oil Formula body products are more than a beauty must-have, they are a sensory experience. Delicately scented with coconut and hints of vanilla and almond, they transport your senses as they transform your skin. Products in the line include:
- Palmer’s Coconut Oil Formula Body Lotion
- Palmer’s Coconut Oil Formula Body Oil
- Palmer’s Coconut Oil Formula Hand Cream
- Palmer’s Coconut Oil Body Cream
Available in 2016 in Walmart, Target, Walgreens and other mass stores nation-wide.
- The coconut tree (Cocos Nucifera) produces approximately 60 coconuts per year
- The coconut palm can live to be 100 years old, but bears the peak of its fruit between 20-40 years of age
- The coconut plays a prominent role in Hindu and Buddhist religions, its flowers often decorating weddings and other religious ceremonies
- Lauric acid, the most prevalent fatty acid found in coconut oil is known to have anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties
- The dried meat of the coconut used to extract the oil is known as the “Copra”
- The indentations on the outer shell of a coconut that create the face-like resemblance that inspired the origin of the word are known as “stoma”