Argan oil is one of the oldest and richest ingredients in the world and is known to improve the skin, hair and nails. While this impressive oil has been around since the dawn of time, beauty companies have recently taken note of its impressive qualities are using the oil as a key ingredient in their products. The oil is undoubtedly trendy but will surely be here to stay, thanks to its many benefits.
This nourishing oil originated in Northern Africa and was harvested from the nuts of the Argania Spinosa tree. Possessing many beneficial properties – including preservation, moisturizing and healing attributes – this ancient ingredient is available in hair care products to help hydrate and protect the hair. Argan oil also provides high-shine and brilliance to the hair. Rich in fatty acids, vitamins and minerals, argan oil – also known as “liquid gold” – goes on smoothly and melts into skin and hair. The results are softer, highly-conditioned hair that looks and feels healthy. This intense conditioning oil is a wonderful ingredient to have in shampoos, hair masques, hair butters and holding products including hair gels. It’s often used in hair products because it makes the hair feel smoother due to its conditioning properties. Argan oil also works to prevent dryness, breakage and damage without taking away from its high shine and great holding capabilities.
Argan oil’s natural moisturizing and softening attributes come from its essential fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamins that each work to prevent frizz, dryness, shrinkage and promote curl elongation. The benefits of this oil are all of the factors that today’s consumer considers when reaching for superior hair products that will work on natural or relaxed hair.
Argan oil can provide moisture and Exotic Shine™. Creme of Nature was the first ethnic brand to use argan oil in its formulas and the innovation continues with over two dozen hair care and hair styling products. Our newest products were created to care for hair while providing maximum hydration, styling versatility and superior protection without the build-up. Creme of Nature with Argan Oil from Morocco products are infused with argan oil and help permeate the hair with moisture, strength and enhanced Exotic Shine. This product line is ideal for all hair types.
Argan oil uses
There are many uses for argan oil. It can condition the hair, protect it from damage, heal scars, condition lips, and provide superior hydration to the skin. Argan oil can also be found in its pure form with products such as the Creme of Nature with Argan Oil from Morocco 100% Pure Oil or in hair care products created with the oil. This oil makes a wonderful conditioning ingredient and works well as a daily hydrator for the hair.
Argan oil can also be used as a nighttime moisturizer, lip conditioner, leave-in conditioner and hair and body moisturizer. As a conditioning agent, argan oil is also great for soothing the scalp and preventing itchiness or the flaking associated with dry scalp.
These traits were enough to catch the eye of Crème of Nature. Now the brand carries a complete line filled with argan oil-infused products. The newest Creme of Nature with Argan Oil from Morocco products include:
- Creme of Nature with Argan Oil from Morocco Flexible Styling Snot Gel ($5.99; 8.4 oz.) – A versatile styling gel with maximum, moldable hold for smooth updo’s, controlled edges, and frizz-free twist-outs. Provides Exotic Shine™ and tames frizz without flaking to give you flexible hold the way you want it.
- Creme of Nature with Argan Oil from Morocco Apple Cider Vinegar Clarifying Rinse ($5.49; 15.5 oz.) – The first purifying, deep cleansing, over-the-counter treatment with 100 percent pure apple cider vinegar, designed specifically to remove product build-up, smooth the cuticle, refresh the scalp and protect the natural pH of the hair.
- Creme of Nature with Argan Oil from Morocco Moisture & Shine Curl Activator Creme ($6.49; 12 oz.) – Defines, elongates and smoothes curls leaving them rehydrated. The weightless formula helps to eliminate frizz and make curls come alive.
- Creme of Nature with Argan Oil from Morocco Day & Night, Hair & Scalp Conditioning Hair Dress (5.3 oz.; $4.99) – Lightweight conditioning moisturizer that can be used as an overnight treatment before bed or during the day to improve manageability and softness. Restores moisture to dry hair and scalp while providing long-lasting Exotic Shine™. Perfect for all hair types.
- Creme of Nature with Argan Oil from Morocco Perfect Edges Black ($5.99; 2.25 oz.) – An edge control gel that also contains temporary black hair color to deepen roots, cover grey and fill-in sparse areas while softening hair and holding slick looks in place.
The future of argan oil in hair care is very bright. We will continue to see ways that argan oil can improve the hair and scalp both in hair care and hair styling. While this extraordinary oil continues to grow in popularity, it’s important to look for high-quality ingredients from brands you trust. By doing so, your customers will appreciate having a variety of superior products to choose from.
Meet Teneya Gholston
Teneya Gholston is a leader when it comes to beauty marketing and branding. As the Director of Marketing for Revlon Professional brands including Creme of Nature, Gholston oversees brand launch concepts and executes plans including art direction, ad campaigns and photoshoots, consumer education and all creative for the Certified Natural Ingredients and Argan Oil from Morocco lines. Gholston also earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Management and a Master of Business Administration in Marketing and International Business from Florida A&M University. Teneya is also a licensed cosmetologist. She is often invited as an expert for panels, focus groups and seminars and has been featured in national magazines including Sophisticated Black Hair, Ebony, Essence and documentaries and was recently named Visionary of the Year by Curlbox.