As the cold weather approaches, beauty routines change. The cold air combined with wind and indoor heat are the reasons you experience itchy, dry skin in the winter. Not only does your skin dry out, but so does your hair, hands and cuticles. The feeling of split, chapped lips or dry, cracked hands should be a reminder of why it is important to stay moisturized. Skin conditions can develop if the proper amount of moisture is not added to skin care routines.
Eczema, psoriasis, and “winter itch” are all common skin conditions that require close attention. You often find someone with these skin conditions scratching their skin to relieve the itch which is very damaging to the skin. It would be nice to be able to use anything you have to moisturize your skin with, but skin is sensitive and should be handled with care. A person must know their skin type to understand what type of product to use and how much to use. Whether one has dry, oily or combination skin, all skin types require moisture, especially during the winter months.
A great way to moisturize your skin during these months is to use blended oils. Blended oils are combinations of light-weight essential oils, which have been traditionally used for massage and aromatherapy. Two or more oils are blended to achieve a scent that can help ease tension, enhance your mood and also help moisturize and promote healthy skin and hair.
When it comes to trying new products, it is important to try a brand that listens to their consumers. After listening to consumers’ requests, My DNA® Life Naturals™ Multi-Purpose Treatment Oils were formulated as natural oils to promote healthy hair, nails, and skin. Whether you are looking for an oil that moisturizes and nourishes your hair and skin or that simply supports your overall emotional wellness, MY DNA® Life Naturals™ Multi-Purpose Treatment Oils has an oil for you.
Here is a list of MY DNA® Life Naturals™ Multi-Purpose Treatment Oils that are good for moisturizing the skin and hair:
- Argan Oil – Penetrates into the skin and scalp to help strengthen each hair strand, mends split ends and promotes a youthful appearance of the skin.
- Olive Oil – Enhances the overall condition of the skin, scalp and hair by adding proteins needed to rebuild and repair tissue, increasing manageability and softness of the hair, and restoring smoothness to the skin.
- Vitamin E Oil – Helps the skin look younger, smoother and fresher, and prevents breakage and dryness by helping hair retain its moisture content.
- Monoi Oil – Reduces breakage, alleviates thinning hair and controls dandruff.
- Tea Tree Oil – Moisturizes the hair and encourages a calming treatment for any dry or irritated scalp or skin troubled with eczema or redness.
- Jojoba Oil – Penetrates and moisturizes the skin without leaving oily residue.
- Peppermint Oil – Relieves pain associated with headaches and sore muscles; and nourishes damaged dry hair.
- Shea Butter – Moisturizes, conditions and nourishes skin and hair with Vitamin E.
- Coconut Oil – Revitalizes dull, dry, damaged hair; helps control and soften skin and hair.
- Lavender Oil – Promotes overall relaxation and is used for aromatherapy, stress relief, insomnia, aches and pain.
After using these oils, you will notice a calming state of harmony that will inspire a positive emotional state, enhance your physical wellness and refine your skin care regimen. MY DNA® Life Naturals™ Multi-Purpose Treatment Oils have several blended oils that will keep your hair, skin and nails hydrated and moisturized this winter!