A super food ingredient heralded since ancient times
for its miraculous healing properties
Honey is so much more than a natural sore throat soother, the perfect accompaniment to tea, and nature’s sweetener. Honey is nature’s secret to flawless skin and hair.
Often referred to as a universal medicine, honey is a natural humectant known for its powerful effects on the body, the immune system, hair and skin, and even mental alertness. The unique hygroscopic properties of honey allow it to attract moisture from the air. Honey’s intrinsic humectant, anti-bacterial and emollient properties make it ideal for hair and skin.
But not all honeys are created equal; raw, unprocessed honey, like Manuka Flower Honey, yields the most impressive results.
Harnessing this magical ingredient for hair care, Palmer’s® Manuka Formula is formulated with Manuka Flower Honey, Amla Oil, Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter. Palmer’s® Manuka Formula hair care range is specially crafted for all natural hair textures to restore moisture and shine naturally.
Palmer’s® natural Manuka Flower Honey is harvested directly from New Zealand. This super moisturizing, natural anti-bacterial ingredient helps promote healthy, protected hair and scalp. The range is free of sulfates, parabens, phthalates and is color-safe.
The primary function of Manuka Flower Honey for the hair is as a natural humectant—binding and attracting moisture.
Manuka Flower Honey Facts:
- A monofloral honey produced in New Zealand and Australia from the nectar of the Manuka tree
- Renowned for its purity and high antibacterial potency vs. other honeys.
- Manuka Flower Honey contains fructose, glucose, sucrose and various minerals, vitamins, proteins, amino acids and other beneficial nutrients for the hair.
- Manuka Flower Honey has a low pH of 4.5 – helps maintain optimum pH for dry hair and scalps.
- Manuka Flower Honey has 4x the mineral content of normal flower honeys
Manuka Flower Honey is known as the “healing honey” because it comes from bees that have pollinated the Manuka shrub native to New Zealand. Its active ingredient, Methylglyoxal (MG), is a compound found in small amounts in most types of honey. In Manuka Flower Honey, MG comes from the conversion of dihydroxyacetone, a substance which is highly concentrated in the nectar of Manuka flowers. Honey works so well because of a natural enzyme added by bees. This natural compound results in the formation of hydrogen peroxide, an effective germicide against many bacteria. Manuka Flower Honey has additional compounds with these antibacterial effects that make them more potent than other honey varieties.
Combining all the hair-loving benefits of nature’s super food, Manuka Flower Honey, along with Amla Oil, Cocoa and Shea Butter, Palmer’s® Manuka Formula hair products clean, moisturize and repair hair and scalp. The formulas infuse hair with moisture and shine while helping encourage natural regrowth.
Palmer’s® Manuka Formula products include:
- Palmer’s Manuka Flower Honey Strengthening Shampoo
- Palmer’s Manuka Flower Honey Nourishing Conditioner
- Palmer’s Manuka Flower Honey Leave-In Conditioning Cream
- Palmer’s Manuka Flower Honey Leave-In Spray
- Palmer’s Manuka Flower Honey Finishing Hair Oil
Help your customers discover the benefits of Manuka Flower Honey and the recipe for healthy natural hair with Palmer’s® Manuka Formula. Products are available at mass, drug and beauty supply stores.
- The Manuka plant’s scientific name is Leptospermum Scoparium
- Manuka Flower Honey is also known as Medihoney for its healing properties