A New “Cool” in Beauty Trade Shows
Calling all hair, health, beauty brands, professionals and enthusiasts alike… I’ve found a rising star! It’s the newest, hottest and coolest in health and beauty, the Ubiquitous Hair and Health Trade Show (UHHTS). Every year there are a plethora of beauty trade shows to peruse, especially within the natural hair movement for the multi-cultural woman. The UHHTS, “Where Relaxed Meets Natural Hair,” was held in late August in the heart of the nation’s capital, Washington, DC. A great summer destination trip for friends and family, this show brings a new energy and a new purpose to trade shows. It’s the one to watch!
I caught up with the brainchild of the show, Founder and Owner, Germaine Bolds-Leftridge and my first question was an obvious one: What is Ubiquitous, and how does it relate to your hair and health show?
“The Ubiquitous Woman is seemingly everywhere doing everything to maintain her spirituality, family, friends, career/business, while keeping her inner-self strong and moving forward for growth,” explained Leftridge. “Our show is based on and designed around those core tenants. Our goal is that every guest that enters the doors of the Ubiquitous Hair and Health Trade Show, Where Relaxed Meets Natural Hair, leaves inspired on her path to her own greatness.”
“This year as well as last year our sponsors, vendors and guests described the show as ‘AMAZING.’ I am honored that the show has gotten BIGGER in only one year, and I look forward to continuing to AMAZE and INSPIRE in 2016, and beyond” Germaine Bolds-Leftridge expounded.
The show launched in 2014, when Leftridge answered a calling to do something to make a more robust impact on women. The Ubiquitous Show is the Nation’s first and only trade show that speaks directly to the needs and wants of the woman who wears her hair either relaxed or natural.
In addition to the variety of brands offered at show, this event literally has something for all facets of the industry.
- Beauty Manufacturers exhibit in their booths, brand educating and selling product promotions.
- Beauty Professionals and Enthusiasts experience beauty, health and lifestyle engagements (main stage talent performances, hands-on, in-depth workshops, and stimulating and inspiring panel discussions on relationship, maturing, finances, family, and a host of other concerns that affect the multi-cultural woman today) designed to meet each woman where she is.
The show is designed to inspire, and that it does. Ubiquitous walks a fine, yet classy and comfortable line between beauty, health and the occasional lifestyle brand. There are low, mid and premium-priced beauty, health and lifestyle brands featured at show.
This year over 6,200 professionals and enthusiasts were in attendance at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, in downtown Washington, DC to buy products and tools; see new trends in hair, health and beauty; and experience a variety of product and weave workshops. I especially like the show’s energy of unity, a vibe felt from women at the show – women supporting other women.
If you missed the show this year, sign up to participate sooner than later! Save the date for 2016: August 27 and 28, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in downtown Washington, DC, and visit www.ubiquitoushairandhealthshow.com.
Don’t miss this show next year. It’s the one to watch!
- Show Founder and Owner, Germaine Bolds-Leftridge (center), with Micheline Bowman (right, WTTG, Fox 5 News) and Oya Thomas (left, WHUR, Recording Artist).
- Maurette Brown-Clark and Chanté Moore, backstage at the show
- 2015 had a star-studded lineup; Grammy Nominated R&B Artist, LEDISI performed.
- The crowd grows to watch LEDISI perform.
- International R&B Singer and Author of “Will I Marry Me?” Chanté Moore performed on Sunday. She also hosted the Man Cave, where husbands, dads, brothers, family or friends could play pool and do their own thing.
- Celebrity Hair Stylist and Star of WE tv’s “L.A. Hair,” Kim Kimble, was an exhibitor, panelist and workshop facilitator.
- Co-Pastor of Fountain of Praise in Houston, TX, Mia Wright, spoke at show.
- The 2015 Ubiquitous Woman of the Year Award was bestowed to the honorable Marilyn Mosby, Maryland State’s Attorney and Civil Advocate for Justice.
- Maurette Brown-Clark, Stellar Award Winner and Gospel Recording Artist performed
Photos Courtesy of KelvBPics