How to Help Your Customers Choose the Right Wig
Fashion. Convenience. Need. Women wear wigs for many reasons, and thanks to the growing number of celebrities donning these versatile hair units, consumers are willing to invest their money and time into finding the perfect style.
Wigs allow women to have the hair of their dreams. Think about it: With a wig, she can have the exact texture, length, and color she covets, all without commitment. She can achieve long, straight, bleached blonde hair without chemicals, or try a head full of bouncy curls that behave even in humid weather. And if she wants to be adventurous, she can wear a short crop minus the cut. Today’s wigs are very different than the wigs of your mother’s generation. Technological advancements have resulted in the high-quality construction that’s cool, comfortable and remarkably believable.
Wearing a wig doesn’t just offer a fashion fix, it can also provide a solution for women suffering from legitimate medical issues. For those who are experiencing thinning hair or hair loss, wigs are an instant, natural-looking solution. The top wig manufacturers produce styles that are carefully designed to look realistic, feel secure, and of course have all the flair that today’s fashion-conscious consumers demand. Wigs give women undergoing chemotherapy treatments the freedom to look their best with very little effort; this is especially appreciated on low energy days. Wigs come pre-styled so they’re ready to go when you are. Enjoying the convenience of not having to raise their arms above their head to style their hair makes a wig absolutely invaluable.
When it comes to wigs, the rule is typically true: you get what you pay for. High-quality wigs are made with multidimensional colors – just like your own natural hair. You will be able to notice subtle highlights and lowlights. Some styles even feature a realistic looking darker root.
If your customers are intrigued by wigs but aren’t sure where to start, be prepared to guide them with these basic tips:
- A safe bet is to select a style and color that resembles her regular look.
- A bob haircut looks great on almost everyone and can be styled with or without a bang.
- Longer wigs are youthful and can be worn in an updo for special occasions.
- Going lighter can brighten her complexion and draw attention to the eyes.
- 100 percent human hair wigs are luxurious and the most natural looking, though they are also more expensive and require styling like natural hair.
- 100 percent Remy human hair is a luxurious, full cuticle hair. Because all of the cuticles run in the same direction, there is a noticeable difference in feel. Hair is softer to the touch and natural looking.
- Synthetic hair wigs stay styled even after washing. This is an important benefit to consider for women undergoing chemotherapy who may experience low energy recovery days.
- Heat-styleable synthetic fiber wigs can be curled with a curling iron, straightened with a flat iron or blown dry with appliances set to a moderate temperature. Heat-defiant fiber typically feels softer, lighter and more like natural hair compared to other synthetic fiber blends. It may also have less shine. However, longer styles made with heat-friendly fiber are prone to tangle after prolonged wearing, especially where the hair hits the shoulders or rubs against a shirt collar.
- 100 percent hand-knotted wigs (also known as hand-tied) are the most expensive but by far the most comfortable for a sensitive scalp.
- Lace front wigs allow the style to look realistic even when brushed back, away from the face.
- The monofilament part, crown or top are areas of the wig that are made to give the illusion of hair growing directly from the scalp. The monofilament area provides styling flexibility as the hair can be parted in any direction.
- Open ear tabs allow eyeglasses to be worn without affecting how the wig lies close to head.
By keeping these basic facts in mind and asking your customers the right questions, you’ll be able to guide them to the best wig options your store offers. In addition, shoppers will appreciate your knowledge on the topic and will likely return, as you’ll be seen as a trusted source.
Meet Teresa Lane
Teresa Lane has provided expertise to HairUWear as the Director Of Design for more than 16 years, accumulating numerous patents for inventing hair pieces and extensions that are both beautiful and user-friendly. Teresa possesses the remarkable ability to recognize trends in fashion before they happen and has a positive outlook on absolutely everything.