The Benchmarking Company asked more than 4,000 U.S. women what beauty products and services they wanted to try, buy and accomplish in 2016. Here’s a sampling of their to-do lists. How many of these lead to new opportunities for you?
- Hair: 51% say they want to use quality hair care products, 47% want to try a new hair style and 42% resolve to condition their hair more frequently.
- Hair styles: 40% said they’d like to try a natural, beach-blown look, 34% want to grow out their hair into long locks and 34% want to wear their hair curly.
- New products or services: 44% reported they’d like to try face masks, 42% want to give skin-cleansing devices a go and 42% are looking for a new hair styling tool to try.
- Makeup: 46% said they want to watch makeup tutorials to perfect their makeup application, while 35% resolve to adopt more makeup trends. Consider those opportunities for your brand, store or salon/spa.
- Skin: 76% resolved to take better care of their skin, 54% want to take better care of their lips and 53% plan to moisturize more often. For more information on beauty product testing and specialized consumer research, visit beautyproducttesting.com.
On December 20, 2015 at Las Vegas’ Plant Hollywood, Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach of the Philippines was crowned the 64th Miss Universe. Farouk Systems, the official hair care sponsor for the past 10 years, was on hand to create her winning look and provide the 80 contestants with CHI Haircare and Miss Universe Style Illuminate products and services. Visit farouk.com.
In 2015, Fromm partnered with Bright Pink, a non-profit organization that has a mission to save women’s lives from breast and ovarian cancer by empowering them to live proactively at a young age. To support the partnership, Fromm created a Pink Hope Brush, with 50% of sales going directly to support Bright Pink. The total contribution was $25,000. As a result of this success, Fromm will launch a new pink product under its 1907 line in July. Visit frommbeauty.com.