Hooray! Summer fun is here but the sun and the wind can be damaging to a kid’s hair. It can be a challenge for parents to care and maintain the hair of little ones. You can reassure your customers that with some care, love and consistency, their children can have a healthy mane in no time.
Here are eight kids summer hair tips that you can share with your customers:
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo and leave-in conditioner that will thoroughly cleanse and moisturize the hair especially if the child is a frequent swimmer in the pool. Make sure the shampoo removes all chlorine and residue in the hair if the child does not wear a swimming cap.
- Use detangling products before going outside to help detangle and strengthen the hair. Begin detangling at the ends and work upwards gently. The Flex brush is great for tangled hair.
- Apply a hair and scalp oil, preferably coconut or olive, to keep the hair moist and massage the scalp to help the blood flow to the hair roots.
- For kids with longer hair, they can put the hair in a braid or bun to protect the hair from the effects of the sun.
- To protect the hair from the sun’s harsh UV rays, put a hat, cap or scarf on the child’s head.
- Make sure to keep the ends trimmed because they can become damaged during the summer and hair grows faster in the summer.
- Avoid tight rubber bands or tight braids in the hair. It can cause balding or damage to the roots.
- Wrap the child’s hair nightly with a satin scarf or hair bonnet to secure their protective hairstyle, reduce tangling and prevent breakage.