Pregnancy is a beautiful thing. It’s a time of great joy, excitement and wonder. But it’s also a time of great uncertainty. Women learn to embrace the unexpected. A woman’s body goes through a myriad of changes in preparation for the new baby. And while no two experiences are the same, there are many similarities.
During pregnancy, skin changes and new skin challenges appear including dry skin, itchy skin, loss of elasticity, weight gain, skin discoloration and Stretch Marks!
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, about 90% of women will get stretch marks sometime after their sixth or seventh month of pregnancy. A variety of factors can contribute to pregnancy related stretch marks – moisture loss, rapid weight changes, loss of elasticity and heredity all can play a role.
Stretch marks occur when skin’s natural collagen and elastin fibers tear due to rapid weight gain or growth. This tear or break just under the surface of the skin results in a stretch mark. The marks form in the dermis, the middle layer of skin that allows skin to retain its shape. Most commonly found on the tummy during pregnancy, stretch marks can also appear on the hips, thighs, buttocks and breast areas.
While there are no magic pills for stretch marks, there is cocoa butter. Expectant mothers have long used cocoa butter to help reduce the appearance of stretch marks which are often a natural and expected part of pregnancy. Everyone from models to new moms, celebrities to famous athletes have benefited from the power of this natural, super ingredient.
Cocoa Butter Basics
- Natural skin conditioning plant extract
- Loaded with essential fatty acids
- Softens and protects skin
- Locks in moisture, diminishes water loss
- Smoothes and tones marks and scars
- Reduces appearance of stretch marks
Sourced from the Cote d’Ivoire, Palmer’s® Cocoa Butter is a deeply moisturizing natural ingredient that improves skin’s moisture levels, reduces stretch marks’ appearance and heals dry skin. A natural skin toning ingredient, Palmer’s Cocoa Butter also helps even skin tone and stretch marks’ appearance.
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula®, the world’s #1 Cocoa Butter and Stretch Mark brand, has a strong heritage of trusted, quality formulations that deliver results. Beloved by celebrities and expectant moms alike, Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Stretch Mark products provide affordable, quality products that make a difference. Jennifer Love Hewitt is the latest celebrity spokesperson to represent the Palmer’s Stretch Mark brand in the new advertising campaign.
Formulated specially for pregnant women and their specific skin care concerns, Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Stretch Mark products are all safe and effective to use before, during and after pregnancy. The stretch mark range contains products that are hypoallergenic, paraben-free, phthalate-free, dye-free and dermatologist tested.
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula® Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks – Lightweight lotion for all over body use that helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula® Massage Cream for Stretch Marks – Rich cream concentrate ideal for targeted areas. Helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks on the tummy, hips, thighs and bust
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula® Tummy Butter for Stretch Marks – Intensive, relaxing treatment with soothing lavender helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula® Spray Lotion for Stretch Marks – Fast-absorbing, lightweight spray lotion that helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula® Stretch Mark products prepare skin for optimum elasticity and moisturization, helping put skin in peak stretch mark fighting mode. With regular use, skin elasticity improved in 97% of the test subjects.*
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula® Stretch Mark products address stretch marks’ appearance from multiple angles. With consistent use, Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Stretch Mark products address the visible appearance of stretch marks’ depth, length and color which helps reduce their appearance.
- 96% of women tested saw a reduction in the appearance of stretch marks**
- 95% of women tested saw an improvement in the appearance of stretch marks**
Harnessing the stretch mark fighting power of pure Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E, Shea Butter and Palmer’s exclusive Bio C-Elaste (a special combination of Collagen, Elastin, Centella Asiatica, Sweet Almond Oil and Argan Oil), Palmer’s stretch mark products deliver results.
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Stretch Mark products take the guesswork out of stretch marks so expectant moms can love their bellies.
*2011 Independent study conducted on Palmer’s Massage Lotion and Massage Cream for Stretch Marks
**Based on responses in an 8 week home user panel based on 200 respondents