By Dr. Shanessa Fenner
According to Statista, only 37% of men are practicing skincare daily and there is room for improvement. Great skin care is essential, and that is why a good skincare routine is mandatory in order to keep your skin looking its very best and preparing it for the effects of aging. It is especially important to take care of the skin underneath a beard.
Here are some tips on how to take care of your beard:
- Wash and condition your beard on a daily basis. Use a high-quality beard shampoo and conditioner on your beard. Do not use products with harsh chemicals.
- Use beard oil. It is used daily for softening and soothing new growth.
- Use a beard comb and brush to keep the beard fresh and maintained. The beard comb is used to detangle the facial hair and the beard brush is for detangling and distributing the oils evenly on your beard.
- Clean your neckline. Use a trimmer to clean up the neckline. When shaving the neck, shave in the same direction that the hair grows rather than against them.
- Trim your beard. Trimming a beard prevents flyaway hairs, split ends and dryness.
- Exfoliate. Use a quality scrub to remove those dead, flaky skin cells and to prevent bumps and infections underneath the skin.
Some of the tools that can be used for skin care include:
- Facial cleansing brush– Cleansing brushes are great for keeping blemishes away and promoting lymphatic drainage that stimulates the surface of the skin to help detox it.
- Hot and cold steamer– The hot steam opens the pores so the skin can be receptive to facial masks and treatments. The cold mode closes the pores, tightens the skin and locks the moisture in.
- Face massager– This tool improves circulation to reduce stress, relax muscles, reduce wrinkles and puffiness and tones the face.
- Beard derma roller for beard growth– It stimulates beard growth and provides a lush full beard. The roller is rolled over the skin to increase collagen production. Most experts recommend using it twice a week with a serum in order to penetrate and absorb deeply to optimize follicle growth and repair.