Sterling, IL (April 27, 2020) – Wahl Professional plans to kick off its second leg later this year of Disruptour, (Disruptour.com) a nationwide barber education gathering designed to teach the latest barbering and business skills. Disruptour successfully kicked off in March in San Diego and Las Vegas before taking a hiatus due to COVID-19. For more information on upcoming show dates and to receive a 25% discount when you purchase your tickets visit Disruptour.com/Tickets. With a VIP ticket purchase, attendees will receive a limited edition Disruptour-branded Cordless Magic Clip.
Disruptour attendees will learn cutting-edge clipper skills to push their cuts and styles to the next level. However, unlike regular shows, the Disruptour will also teach barbers and stylists how to build their brand image through social media, photography, and key business skills. The tour will feature Wahl Education and Artistic Team (W.E.A.T.) members, Nieves Almaraz (@howtofadehair) and Kevin Nguyen (@yakuzabarber), Wahl Professional’s new creative consultant, Byrd Mena (@byrdmena), and other professionals in the industry who all share the same goal of bringing high-quality education to the industry.
The idea of the tour stemmed from a conversation between Lisa Finucane, Wahl Professional’s US Director of Education, and W.E.A.T. member, Nieves Almaraz, who wanted to create an intimate event where people have a chance to learn close up, get their questions answered and meet the educators. This quickly turned to something more when Finucane met Byrd Mena, founder of SharpFade, and an international hair show promoter. Byrd officially joined the Wahl Professional team as a creative consultant with the first goal of helping to bring Disruptor into fruition. His partnership has brought additional industry leaders to the show stops across the country.
Attendees to the first two Disruptour shows were able to interact one on one with the educators without any pressure. “Everybody was so impressed with the barbers and stylists on stage,” said Mena. “Our goal was to bring great education in an intimate setting that was really user-friendly and non-intimidating to barbers and stylists. We were so happy with the feedback. People kept telling us how much they loved what they learned.”
“Wahl strives to be a company that brings the community together wherever they are. The energy from the first two shows was just amazing,” said Lisa Finucane. “We can’t wait to do more of it.”
With COVID-19 currently putting everyone’s life on hold, the Disruptour team pushed back a few of its show dates and took a positive spin on everyone staying at home by offering complimentary online education and a discount on upcoming show tickets:
- Complimentary Education
- Wahl Professional is holding Facebook Lives every week with W.E.A.T. members teaching various cuts, allowing watchers to have a Q&A session, and the ability to re-watch each video.
- The clipper manufacturer is also holding Instagram Lives on their account with exclusive interviews with W.E.A.T. members and how are they are handling their business through COVID-19. Throughout the next few weeks, each educator on the Disruptour will be holding Instagram Lives on each of their social media accounts to stay connected with members of the community and provide free and quality education to everyone who wants to learn.
- To view videos and stay up to date when educators will be going live follow Wahl on Facebook and Instagram (@wahlpro).
- 25% discount on all Disruptour tickets
- To purchase a ticket visit Disruptour.com/Tickets. With a VIP ticket purchase, attendees will receive a limited edition Disruptour-branded Cordless Magic Clip.
About Wahl Professional
Since 1919, with the invention of the first practical electric hair clipper, Wahl Clipper Corporation has been the leader in the professional and home grooming category. Today, with over 2,500 employees worldwide, Wahl is proud to carry forward the tradition of innovation and superior customer service that was created by Leo J. Wahl. Headquartered in Sterling, Illinois, Wahl distributes to 176 countries and has eight global manufacturing facilities as well as 25 sales offices. At Wahl, we are proud of our heritage of excellence as well as our remarkable list of groundbreaking innovations for the present and future for the global market. Visit www.wahlpro.com for more details.